Sunday, June 6, 2010

Movies I Love!

Nearly the first 18 yrs of my life I scarcely watched movies. But the last 5 yrs I watched so many movies. Some I liked, some I didn't, some I hated, some I loved and some I couldn't take my mind of. I never watch movies based on genre. I think I like movies of almost every genre. What I really expect in movies are logics and plots. I hate movies where one can guess the ending before the climax.

There are several movies I like but when it comes of logic and plots, the most favorites would be 'Matrix', 'Back to the future' and 'Pirates of the Caribbeans'. Not only that their logics are good but their plots are wide. Especially in Matrix and Pirates, every single word a character speaks has a meaning.

But I want to talk about three special movies that I love the most. These are the movies that I can watch all my life repeatedly and still watch them as if I'm watching for the first time. Two of them were directed by Christopher Nolan, his latest two.


My third favorite is 'The Prestige', directed by Nolan and the cast are Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Scarlett Johnson. This is a movie with a huge plot, different time lines and one of the best suspense thrillers ever. Usually the suspense is at the climax but this movie is full of suspense right from the first act. I have no words to say how brilliant the story line is. I never liked Christian Bale but after watching this, he is one of my favorites.


My second favorite would be, 'The Dark Knight' again by Nolan with Bale and Ledger as the lead. This movie has a cold opening, that is it starts without any title. This is the only superhero movie I ever liked. The director was very clear in what he wanted his hero to be. First time ever logics were used in a superhero movies (there are some flaws but better than no logic at all). He didn't show Batman as the hero who saves everyone, or as the hero who does everything right. That was the main reason I liked this movie. Ledger's acting and Zimmer's music together create such a tension throughout the movie which can't be explained by words. I have seen this movie about 6 times and I will keep watching it. No Doubt!


The most favorite movie of my life would be, 'Rang De Basanti'. All I can say about this movie is that I have seen it 20 times and if someone talk to me about this movie, I would want to watch it again. I seriously have no words to say anything about this movie, this would always be my all-time favorite.

No comments: