Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gran Torino


Its been a long time since I felt like writing about a movie I saw. Gran Torino, directed and produced by the man, more famously known as 'The Man With No Name' than Clint Eastwood. At first I saw this movie's commercial in Star Movies. Once while surfing the net I saw that imdb had rated this movie 8.4. I thought I will give it a shot and downloaded the movie without even reading the synopsis.

I like Clint Eastwood and his movie. 'The Man With No Name' trilogy was of course the best. But there is no point in watching any of his movies without watching the trilogy. Cause those movies set a benchmark for his characterization. Once I made a mistake of watching one of his movies before watching the trilogy and I didn't like the movie at all. But then after watching the trilogy I saw the same movie again and only then I realized the specialty of that movie. Gran Torino is no different. If you had watched the trilogy and loved it, you will like this movie.

Clint Eastwood is no longer a young cowboy. But he is the only actor in this world who can portray an Action Hero even at an age of 78. Even at an age of 78 'Get off my lawn' sounds really dangerous and 'I blow a hole in your face and sleep like a baby' sounds like he is a person who means each and every word that comes out of his mouth. Even though the movie is slow, as it gets to the climax, it gets as thrilling as the trilogy.

Overall I would rate this movie 9/10, mostly for Clint's acting and for reminding me the great climaxes of the Man With No Name trilogy.

2 comments:

Siddhartha said...

i didn't see the trilogy ur talking about but i saw this movie and liked it very much, the good the bad the ugly, dirty harry ,million dollar baby are his other movies i watched and they all were good, gran torino was very real, dark, slow and raw, all the factors that i like!!!

Inchara Prakash said...

dude. The good, the bad and the ugly is the third movie of the trilogy.