Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shock Collar

I came across this term while I was searching for some astronomy news across the Internet. I found this to be an interesting fact which I thought I'll share it here. What is Shock Collar. Let's see what Wikipedia explains.

The Prandtl–Glauert singularity or P.G. singularity is sometimes referred to as a vapor cone, shock collar, or shock egg. The point at which a sudden drop in air pressure occurs is generally accepted as the cause of the visible condensation cloud that often surrounds an aircraft traveling at transonic speeds. It is an example of mathematicaly singularity (I don't know what that exactly means. So anyways...). Here are some of the pics of shock collar.







I found only three good pics of Shock Collar as there aren't many.

3 comments:

Siddhartha said...

never take pic's from link, just down it to ur computer and upload it, sometimes the links never load fast, ans sometimes never load

Inchara Prakash said...

updated the photos again :)

rohan said...

dude yu must explain sonic boom too...its also a relatively close phenomenon at those speeds....