Monday, March 1, 2010

District 9


District 9 has been nominated as one of the contenders for Best Movie Award at the 82nd Academy Awards. I'd be much surprised if this movie doesn't win. I know many would say that Avatar would win, but I personally think District 9 is way better than Avatar. A low budget movie which was not even considered to run a month, ended up in Oscar nominations. The reason is the concept is absolutely original. This was one movie that reminded me of none other while watching it.



The plot goes like this. An alien space-ship came to Earth around 20 years back. It doesn't have enough fuel to get back to its planet. The aliens have made a settlement in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Government has allocated an area for the aliens called, "District 9", which soon was converted into an alien slum. Well, this is the first 10 mins of the movie. I rather not say anything else about the movie coz it will end up in spoilers. Watch the movie and you will surely love it.

I personally feel it is 'The Best Movie of the Decade' (apart from Lord Of The Rings). And I would rate it 9.8/10. A Must Watch!

1 comment:

Siddhartha said...

i downloaded this movie a month back, but did not find time to watch it, i'll watch it as soon as possible